The Child Welfare Case Manager must consistently use their advanced knowledge in the field of social work or human behavioral studies and their prior experience in the field to perform the following duties. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs. Observe children and families in their homes/placements or other surroundings. Assess children and families' behaviors, developmental levels, physical development, social development and mental state in order to make a decision or recommendation to the team (and the court) as to the best placement for the child. Assess the child's environment, and associated risks to the child. Gather relevant information about assigned children and families/caregivers in order to assist in developing a case plan appropriate to each individual's circumstances. Develop petitions, Judicial Reviews, recommendations, and case plan recommendations for the Judge to consider. Participate in strategy meetings with Children's Legal Services ("CLS") and propose courses of action for Court to take based on individual needs of children and their families. Attend and participate/testify in court hearings and depositions as necessary.Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or a Master's degree.
- The following related degrees will be accepted: Counseling, Social Work, Human Services, Education, Human Sciences, Law, Behavioral Sciences, Human Development, Psychology, Social Policy, Sociology, Public Administration, Community Development, Health Science, Political Science, Interdisciplinary Studies, Child and Society and Criminal Justice/Criminology.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Must possess a valid driver's license from the state in which you reside.
- Must have a good driving record and be insurable under LCI's policy.
- Must receive passing score on the Introduction to Child Protection written assessment and field based assessment within one (1) year of employment.
These responsibilities do not reflect all duties the incumbent will be required to perform. This description serves as an overview only. Salary is based on experience. Minimum starting salary is $15.75 per hour. Excellent fringe benefits. Days and hours may vary.
Interested applicants please visit our Career Center @ www.elakeviewcenter.org and complete our on-line applications.
Lakeview Center is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free/Nicotine Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING/NICOTINE TESTING REQUIRED
Please review this link for further information on this position: http://www.floridacasemanager.org/index.php/watch-our-video.