The Peer Coordinator primary focus is on Mobile Crisis Response frame of community based intervention. Routinely travel to/from community locations where clients seek assistance. Required to assist with responding to Support Line for mobile crisis unit. Flexible
shift and work assignment model and 24/7/365 on call rotation required
. Provide peer counseling and support, drawing on common experiences as a peer, to validate individuals’ experiences and to provide guidance and encouragement. Serve as
a mentor to provide hope and empowerment. unctions as a member of a multidisciplinary team to promote a team culture in which each person’s point of view, experiences and preferences are recognized, understood, and respected, and in which self-determination
and decision-making in treatment planning are maximized and supported. Act as an interpreter to help the non-mental health treatment team members better understand and empathize with each person’s unique and subjective experiences and perceptions. Provide
expertise and consultation from a peer perspective to the entire team concerning the person’s experience with mental illness, the effects and side effects of medications, response to opinions of treatment, and experiences of recovery.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Lived an experience in atleast one of the following areas:
- As an adult who has been in recovery for a minimum of two (2) years from a substance use or mental health condition
- As a family member or caregiver to another individual who has or is in recovery from substance use or mental health condition
- As a veteran of the armed forces who has been in recovery for a minimum of two (2) years from a substance use or mental health condition
- Must pass background check prior to hire
- Must possess a valid driver’s license from the state in which you reside, good driving record and insurable under Center’s policy.
- Desire completed certified peer specialist training and/or be wiling to complete as a condition of employment.
- Must be able to use a computer
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must have a valid Florida Driver’s license
- Must be insurable under LCI’s automobile plan
- Must be able to travel locally to clients’ homes, training locations and other locations as necessary
Interested applicants please visit www.elakeviewcenter.org and complete the on-line application. If you require additional assistance, please call Human Resources at 850-469-3729.
Lakeview Center is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free/Nicotine Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING/NICOTINE TESTING REQUIRED.