The Admissions Coordinator will be responsible for initial screening and intake admissions of new and established clients, provide clinical services as needed to include biopsychosocials, treatment plans, individual/group/family counseling, and psychosocial
rehab services. Position is also responsible for checking benefits with insurance companies, verifying benefit coverage, initial eligibility, completing authorizations required to support billing. Other responsibilities include timely follow-up on billed
services that were not processed or paid correctly, and ensuring that these issues are corrected and addressed. This position is required to enter all pertinent documentation for services and to meet billing requirements into the Electronic Heath Record
(EHR). Additionally, this position is responsible for identifying and maintaining positive working relationships with referral sources as well as maintaining the proper payor mix. Assignments/tasks are expected to be executed with considerable independence
and maintain compliance with established facility policies and procedures, contract requirements, organization bylaws, and federal and state regulations/laws. Register new and established clients, gathering client demographics, income, insurance and eligibility
information that support the business functions and determine the initial clinical need for service.
- Bachelor’s Degree in psychology, social work, counseling, rehabilitation, or a related human services field (a related human services field is one in which major course work includes the study of human behavior and development)
- Two (2) or more years of experience working with adults who have mental health, substance abuse and/or co-occurring disorders or developmental disabilities
OR completion of an internship at Lakeview Center, Inc through an accredited counseling/social work program can be substituted for the two years of post graduate experience.
- Knowledge or Experience in Business Office, Medical office or Call Center.
- Must have the ability to work independently with good decision making skills.
- Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize responsibilities.
- Must be able to maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Must be extremely detail oriented with a high level of accuracy while demonstrating the ability to resist distractions.
- Coordinate State funded bed program, maintain waiting list and coordinate admission with referral source.
- Position requires a friendly, confident and knowledgeable phone presence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including letters, memos and emails.
- The position requires proficient computer skills and must be able to use Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) to complete tasks.
- These responsibilities do not reflect all duties the incumbent will be required to perform. This description serves as an overview only. Salary is based on experience. Excellent fringe benefits.
Interested applicants please visit www.elakeviewcenter.org and complete the on-line application. If you require additional assistance, please call Human Resources at 850-469-3729.
Lakeview Center is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free/Nicotine Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING/NICOTINE TESTING REQUIRED.