The Children's/Adolescent Outpatient Counselor will provide the following services to clients: screening for potential services, bio-psychosocial evaluations, limited functional assessments, treatment plan development, treatment plan reviews, individual and
family therapy, group therapy. To consistently exercise discretion and independent judgment while utilizing advanced knowledge in the Human Services field to provide the highest quality individualized, integrated mental health, substance abuse and co-occurring
services to individuals and their families based on the individualized plan. To act as a lead direct care provider to others in the division/program and to consult and mentor Bachelor's Level Direct Care employees and Behavioral Technicians on provision of
care issues. To conduct case staffings with other direct care providers in division/program and to exercise discretion and independent judgment, while utilizing advanced knowledge in the human services field, to provide case specific consultation as deemed
necessary, and to assist other staff in coming up with appropriate treatment and services for their individual clients.
- Must have a Master's Degree in psychology, social work, counseling, rehabilitation, or a related human services field (a related human services field is one in which major course work includes the study of human behavior and development).
- At least two (2) year(s) experience working with children 0-5, children over 5, adolescents who have mental health, substance abuse and/or co-occurring disorders or developmental disabilities.
- Prefer individuals certified through the Florida Certification Board as an Addiction Professional
and Must be able to provide individualized, integrated mental health, substance abuse and co-occurring services to meet the needs of individuals served and their families.
- Must be able to use a computer.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must be able to travel locally to clients' homes, training locations and other locations as necessary.
Interested applicants please visit www.elakeviewcenter.org and complete the on-line application. If you require additional assistance, please call Human Resources at 850-469-3729.
Lakeview Center is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free/Nicotine Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING/NICOTINE TESTING REQUIRED.