The Admissions Coordinator will register new and established clients, gathering client demographics, income, insurance and eligibility information that support the business functions and determine the initial clinical need for service. Assignments/tasks are
expected to be executed with considerable independence and maintain compliance with established facility policies and procedures, contract requirements, organization bylaws, and federal and state regulations/laws. Collect and validate the accuracy of insurance
information and the level of the provider approved to provide services. Acquire authorization from the insurance companies using web based tools. Schedule initial appointments for client assessments and evaluations, Manage and coordinate Consultation Requests,
verify insurance information, notifying the physician on call by either phone or email in a timely manner. Follow up support for outstanding consult requests. Update client demographics as required, reassess eligibility, verify changes in insurance and notify
program areas of clients ineligible for services. Assist the business office as needed with client updates or changes in eligibility. Ensure Insurance is verified and benefits assigned for all clients registered and updated. Establish the fee for services
and advise clients as to the cost to be paid at each clinic visit. Must be able to efficiently and accurately enter data into the Electronic Health Record (EHR). Develop and maintain positive relationships with external and internal customers. Adapts to changes
in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events. Provide prompt and courteous service to internal and external customers by addressing
their needs in a tactful and cooperative manner. Foster respect for client/staff privacy by maintaining confidentiality in all phases of the work. Demonstrate consistent, prompt and reliable attendance at work as scheduled. Maintain appropriate information
in the electronic system as required by federal, state, and HIPAA regulations. Notify your leader of any concerns with regards to confidentiality. Participate in division trainings and forums. Assist as needed with facilitation and coordination of audits and
reviews. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Associate’s degree from college or university within area of position responsibility (In lieu of degree, High School or GED required with two (2) years of directly applicable experience may substitute for Associate’s degree).
- Two (2) or more years of experience in Business Office, Medical office or Call Center.
- Must have the ability to work independently with good decision making skills.
- Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize responsibilities.
- Must be able to maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Must be extremely detail oriented with a high level of accuracy while demonstrating the ability to resist distractions.
- Coordinate State funded bed program, maintain waiting list and coordinate admission with referral source.
- Position requires a friendly, confident and knowledgeable phone presence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including letters, memos and emails.
- The position requires proficient computer skills and must be able to use Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) to complete tasks.
- These responsibilities do not reflect all duties the incumbent will be required to perform. This description serves as an overview only. Salary is based on experience.
Interested applicants please visit www.elakeviewcenter.org and complete the on-line application. If you require additional assistance, please call Human Resources at 850-469-3729.
Lakeview Center is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free/Nicotine Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING/NICOTINE TESTING REQUIRED.