The Specialized Foster Care CHIPS Therapist II primary duty is to consistently exercise discretion and independent judgment while utilizing advanced knowledge in the Human Services field to provide the highest quality individualized, integrated mental health,
substance abuse and co-occurring services to individuals and their families based on the individualized plan. To act as a lead direct care provider to others in the division/program and to consult and mentor Bachelor’s Level Direct Care employees and Behavioral
Technicians on provision of care issues. To conduct case staffings with other direct care providers in division/program and to exercise discretion and independent judgment, while utilizing advanced knowledge in the human services field, to provide case specific
consultation as deemed necessary, and to assist other staff in coming up with appropriate treatment and services for their individual clients. To systematically and regularly conduct quality record reviews of documentation prepared by Bachelor Level Direct
Care employees and Behavioral Technicians. To provide the following services to clients: in-depth assessments, bio-psychosocial evaluations, limited functional assessments, treatment plan development, treatment plan reviews, individual and family therapy, group
therapy, specialized therapeutic foster care services.
- Master's Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, Rehabilitation, Special Education, or a related human services field (a related human services field is one in which major course work includes the study of human behavior and development).
- At least two (2) year(s) experience working with children 0-5, children over 5, adolescents who have mental health, substance abuse and/or co-occurring disorders or developmental disabilities.
- Applicants must provide proof that they have received 30 hours of documented training
within the last two years. Fifteen hours of the training must be related to relevant child and family treatment issues.
- Must be able to provide individualized, integrated mental health, substance abuse and co-occurring services to meet the needs of individuals served and their families
- Must be able to use a computer
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must have a valid Driver’s license
- Must be insurable under LCI’s automobile plan
- Must be able to travel locally to clients’ homes, training locations and other locations as necessary
- Must be able to perform client management interventions
- These responsibilities do not reflect all duties the incumbent will be required to perform. This description serves as an overview only. Salary is based on experience. Excellent fringe benefits.
Interested applicants please visit www.elakeviewcenter.org and complete the on-line application. If you require additional assistance, please call Human Resources at 850-469-3729.
Lakeview Center is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free/Nicotine Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING/NICOTINE TESTING REQUIRED.