The Rel Rape Crisis Advocate will provide advocacy, accompaniment, crisis counseling and support services, to victims of sexual violence in a manner that demonstrates the victim’s interests are represented and rights upheld. Respond effectively to victims
of sexual violence at area emergency rooms; provide victim advocacy, accompaniment, crisis counseling, information and referral, as needed. Respond effectively to callers on the rape crisis hotline, utilizing active listening skills, problem solving techniques
and appropriate telephone counseling techniques. Provide professional consultation, support, and resources to others in victim related functions, such as law enforcement, state attorney, and hospital emergency room personnel.
- Must complete 30-hour training based on the Florida Council Against Sexual Violence core advocacy standards.
- Upon completion of training must be familiar with the dynamics of sexual violence, relevant community resources, crisis intervention, and understand how medical, legal, and social services respond to victims of sexual violence.
- Must also complete six hours of ongoing sexual violence training annually.
- Must have effective verbal communication skills which demonstrate the ability to assess safety risk factors and make decisions regarding discretionary matters for victims of sexual violence.
- These responsibilities do not reflect all duties the incumbent will be required to perform. This description serves as an overview only. Days and hours vary.
Interested applicants please visit www.elakeviewcenter.org and complete the on-line application. If you require additional assistance, please call Human Resources at 850-469-3729.
Lakeview Center is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free/Nicotine Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING/NICOTINE TESTING REQUIRED.