The Hotline Counselor/Victim Advocate is responsible for providing crisis intervention and advocacy to primary and secondary victims of sexual violence on the Rape Crisis Hotline. Some duties include reviewing crime victim compensation as needed, providing
advocacy to victims during sexual assault forensic exams, accompanying victims to legal proceedings and investigatory interviews, and responding to written correspondence from victims of sexual violence in area detention facilities. This position is
On-Call; applicant must be available from 7am - 7pm Monday through Sunday.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Certification as a sexual violence victim advocate by the Florida Council Against Sexual Violence (FCASV) is preferred, but must be optained within 30 days of employment
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work within the guidelines established in the policies and procedures of teh agency and assigned program division
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with multidisciplinary staff and demonstrate the ability to maintain an independent work schedule
- Ability to effectively relate to a variety of individuals, including persons living with a mental illness and/or substance abuse use disorder, persons with developmental disabilities, family members of persons served, and co-workers
- Ability to problem solve and adovcate of persons served
- Ability to assist in maintaining a therapeutic and safe environment
- Will be required to complete in-service training
Interested applicants please visit www.elakeviewcenter.org and complete the on-line application. If you require additional assistance, please call Human Resources at 850-469-3729.
Lakeview Center is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free/Nicotine Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING/NICOTINE TESTING REQUIRED.