Lakeview Center is best known for its caring, compassionate treatment for people with mental health issues, drug and alcohol dependencies, or intellectual disabilities. The breadth and depth of these services are the most comprehensive in the region. They range from inpatient and residential treatment to a gamut of outpatient programs including trauma services, psychiatry, counseling, day treatment, and intensive, round-the-clock outpatient services to help people with severe mental illnesses safely remain in the community. We reach people of all ages from babies and children to adolescents and adults. In all, we offer more than 60 programs and services for the people of Northwest Florida.
Benefits for Lakeview Center:
Medical • Dental • Vision • Basic Life and AD&D • Voluntary Term Life • Employer Paid Long Term Disability • Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Account • Section 125 Cafeteria Plan • Retirement Savings Plan (RSP) • Employee Assistance Program • Team Member Discount Program • Pet Insurance • Accident Insurance • Group Critical Illness Insurance • Individual Short-Term Disability Insurance • Whole Life Insurance • Paid Time Off • Continuing Medical Education • Malpractice Insurance
Full-time position primarily supporting adults, and some children within an outpatient clinic in DeFuniak Springs (near South Walton Beach & 31A beaches)
Responsible for providing outpatient psychiatric services for LCI and BHC clients including Adult and Child.
Physician shall perform all his/her duties in conformity with any standard, ruling, or regulation of the United
States Department of Health and Human Services, CARF Accreditation, Joint Commission, CMS all relevant
Florida state agency requirements, the standards and principles of medical ethics of the American Medical Association, and any other federal, state, or local government agency or third party payor exercising authority with respect to, or providing reimbursement for, the Practice.
• Must hold a state of Florida MD license.
• Certified/eligible as a Board Certified, preferred Psychiatric Practice.
• Must be eligible for privileging at the appropriate hospitals.
• Must be eligible to participate in State or Federal funded programs as Medicaid.
• Must be able to pass organization screening requirements, including state or federal background screenings as appropriate.
• Attend and participate in the monthly MSO meeting.
• Develop and maintain positive internal and external relationships.
• Comply with mandatory staff development requirements.
• Comply with professional licensing, credentialing and privileging requirements.
• Documents and reports psychiatric services and activities within designated time frames.
• Provide admission evaluations, check medications, note progress and condition of patients as applicable.
• Provide outpatient individual and/or group therapy, medication management, and psychiatric evaluations.
• Provide emergency psychiatric evaluations.
• Participate in case staffing, conferences with treatment.
• Attend and participate in committees and work groups as assigned.
• Provide program development at least two times monthly in person/ on site. • Provides clinical supervision for ARNPs and documents accordingly
• Provide on-call services.
• Provide consultation, as needed.
• Maintains compliance with guidelines and requirements of LCI, MSO and psychiatric standards, funding and accrediting agencies.
• Complete appropriate forms and documents services as required for reimbursement.
• Complete annual performance evaluations on ARNPs
• Provide consultation to community physicians.
• Provide public and professional education related to program.
• Assist in program development, marketing and client care delivery.
• Maintain compliance with training requirements.
• Comply with Lakeview Center Inc.’s policies and procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
• Adhere to Lakeview Center Inc.’s Mission, Vision, and Values at all times.
• While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
• Must be able to perform client management interventions.
• Must be able to safely perform direct care activities, as described above.
• Must be able to effectively document required aspects of job duties.
• Must be able to hear conversational speech, visually observe client behaviors for safety and communicate effectively with clients and co-workers.
• Must be able to protect self and to assist in safe client restraint and/or transport according to facility guidelines.
• Must be able to perform de-escalation techniques of crisis prevention intervention including the physical intervention techniques.
• Must be able to exert a force (lift, carry, push, or pull) 10-25 pounds frequently, and up to 10 pounds constantly.
• Hearing should be adequate to perform duties in person and over the telephone, speaking requires the ability to communicate clearly in person or over the telephone.
• Vision requirements include reading from printed sources, computer screens, project material needing acuity for both close and distance vision.
• Must be able to escort clients around program and campus.
• Long periods of sitting.
The above demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Interested applicants please visit www.elakeviewcenter.org and complete the on-line application. If you require additional assistance, please call Human Resources at 850-469-3729.
Lakeview Center is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free/Nicotine Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING/NICOTINE TESTING REQUIRED.
Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer including Vets and Disabled. For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement. For reasonable accommodation, please email us at LCIEmployment@bhcpns.org.