The Unit Manager is a highly responsible mid - management position, which manages the work of counselors within the child protection system. This position requires a working knowledge of state and federal laws, administrative rules and regulations pertaining to the mission of child protective services, Department of Children and Families Operational Procedures and Lakeview Operational Procedures. The incumbent will supervise counselors’ work with children and their families; work closely and act as a liaison with, The Department of Children and Families Child Protection Investigations, Children’s Legal Services, courts and community providers. The Team Supervisor will be an expert in the program area assigned, use systematic planning, tracking and problem solving processes, manage conflict resolution, develop community relations and promote the professional development of counselors.Qualifications
- Master's Degree with at least two (2) years' experience in human services or child welfare programs.
- A Bachelor's degree and four (4) years of experience in human services or child welfare programs may be substituted.
- A doctorate may be substituted for one (1) year of the required experience.
- The following related degrees will be accepted: Counseling, Social Work, Human Services, Education, Human Sciences, Law, Behavioral Sciences, Human Development, Psychology, Social Policy, Sociology, Public Administration, Education, Community Development, Health Science, Political Science, and Criminal Justice/Criminology.
- Certification as a Child Protection Professional Supervisor. If not certified, must complete certification within one (1) year of employment.
Interested applicants please visit www.elakeviewcenter.org and complete the on-line application. If you require additional assistance, please call Human Resources at 850-469-3729.
Lakeview Center is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free/Nicotine Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING/NICOTINE TESTING REQUIRED