Full-time position primarily supporting adults, and some children within an outpatient clinic in DeFuniak Springs (near South Walton Beach)
Responsible for providing outpatient psychiatric services for Lakeview Center and Baptist Health Care clients, including both Adult and Child populations. Physician shall perform all his/her duties in conformity with any standard, ruling, or regulation of the United States Department of Health and Human Services, CARF Accreditation, Joint Commission, CMS all relevant Florida state agency requirements, the standards and principles of medical ethics of the American Medical Association, and any other federal, state, or local government agency or third party payor exercising authority with respect to, or providing reimbursement for, the Practice.
- Must hold, or obtain a state of Florida MD license
- Certified/eligible as a Board Certified, preferred Psychiatric Practice
- Must be eligible for privileging at the appropriate hospitals
- Must be eligible to participate in State or Federal funded programs as Medicaid
- Must be able to pass organization screening requirements, including state or federal background screenings as appropriate.
- Specifically, the position is responsible for: Best People
- Attend and participate in the monthly MSO meeting.
- Develop and maintain positive internal and external relationships.
- Comply with mandatory staff development requirements.
- Comply with professional licensing, credentialing and privileging requirements.
- Documents and reports psychiatric services and activities within designated time frames.
- Provide admission evaluations, complete daily rounds, check medications, note progress and condition of patients for inpatient hospitalization as applicable.
- Provide outpatient individual and/or group therapy, medication management, and psychiatric evaluations.
- Provide emergency psychiatric evaluations.
- Participate in case staffing, conferences with treatment.
- Attend and participate in committees and work groups as assigned.
- Provide program development.
- Provide inpatient evaluation and follow-up.
- Provide on-call services.
- Provide consultation, as needed.
- Maintains compliance with guidelines and requirements of LCI, MSO and psychiatric standards, funding and accrediting agencies.
- Complete appropriate forms and documents services as required for reimbursement.
- Provide consultation to community physicians.
- Provide public and professional education related to program.
- Assist in program development, marketing and client care delivery.
- Comply with LCI safety policies/procedures.
- Adhere to the Lakeview Standards of Performance.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Must be able to operate office equipment.
- Must be able to work independently and focus on details without being distracted.
- Vision requirements include reading from printed sources, computer screens, project material needing acuity for both close and distance vision.
- Must be able to sit for long period of time
- Hearing should be adequate to perform duties in person and over the telephone, speaking requires the abilityto communicate clearly in person or over the telephone
- Must be able to lift 5-10 lbs.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please complete an application at elakeviewcenter.org to apply for the requisition. If you require assistance, please contact Human Resources at (866) 236-3981.
Lakeview Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Lakeview Center is a Drug Free/Nicotine Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING/NICOTINE TESTING REQUIRED