FULL-TIME, PART-TIME AND RELIEF, ON-CALL POSITIONS AVAILABLE
A Behavioral Health Technician assists the counselors/therapeutic/nursing staff by providing clinical support to adults or children who are receiving substance abuse, mental health services or co-occurring disorders in residential programs, inpatient settings, day/evening programs, outpatient programs and/or community-based programs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- First Aid / CPR certification.
- At least (1) year of experience working directly with emotionally disturbed children or mentally ill adults.
- One year (24 hours) of college courses can be accepted in lieu of experience.
- CPI training with first 30 days of employment.
- Must work under the supervision of a bachelor’s (minimum) level practitioner or Registered Nurse.
- Must be able to provide individualized, integrated mental health, substance abuse and co-occurring services to meet the needs of individuals served and their families, as required.
- Must be able to use a computer. Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be insurable under Center’s automobile plan.
- Must be able to travel locally to person’s served homes, training locations and other locations as necessary.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work within the guidelines established in the policies and procedures of the agency and program.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with multidisciplinary staff.
- Ability to recognize signs and symptoms of abuse.
- Ability to effectively relate to a variety of individuals, including persons living with a mental illness and/or substance use disorder, persons with developmental disabilities, professional and support staff, and family members of persons served.
- Ability to problem solve and advocate for persons served.
- Ability to assist in maintaining a therapeutic milieu.
- Ability to provide client transportation in the absence of the facility transporter.
Interested applicants please visit www.elakeviewcenter.org and complete the on-line application. If you require additional assistance, please call Human Resources at 850-469-3729.
Lakeview Center is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free/Nicotine Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING/NICOTINE TESTING REQUIRED.